This collection of engaging and simple to use activities will jumpstart students’ understanding of themselves, their relationships and their knowledge of how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
A wealth of practical activities in the book range from class and group discussions and formal debates to games, role plays, hot seating and thought tracking. This book enables teachers to deliver effective and imaginative PSHE lessons, encouraging children to:
• Share their views on issues that concern them such as bullying
• Learn to think for themselves and to make their own decisions
• Be aware of the dangers involved in drinking, smoking and drugtaking
• Understand their relationships with family and friends
• Explore social issues such as prejudice and discrimination
• Learn how to handle their emotions
Jumpstart! PSHE is an essential classroom resource that will encourage the personal development of children and is the perfect solution for helping teachers deliver effective and imaginative PSHE lessons.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
part I|58 pages
Developing self-knowledge and understanding relationships
part II|49 pages
part III|51 pages
Living in the wider world