Tracing the causes of elite deviance to the structure of U.S. power and wealth, this book introduces students to theories of elite deviance and covers both criminal and non-criminal elite acts that cause significant harm. This considerably updated, 11th edition enriches its coverage of both historical and contemporary elite deviance. Updates include:
- New and expanded discussions on history, property, and historical critique from Revolutionary America onward.
- New analysis on Donald Trump: his cabinet members of the political elite, his relationship with the EPA, and his business connections.
- Investigation into Caribbean and European tax havens.
- An extended review on elite deviance and increasing inequalities.
- Very current information and examples of scandals in international conflicts.
- The section on changing media patterns.