Port State Control, Second Edition is a comprehensive publication dealing with the full implications and regulations of port State control. It provides a detailed analysis of the legal framework relating to port State control, including the most recent developments in this area. It covers not only the regional agreements on port State control and the EU legislation on this subject but also the background of the port State control process, its implications in practice and its effect on the ISM Code and the classification societies.
The book covers topics such as:
- Amendments and changes to the regional port state control systems
- The addition of an appeal procedure to the Paris MOU
- Issues related to the ports of refuge and the urgency for authorities to draw up appropriate plans for places of refuge following the recent incidents
- The ISPS Code for maritime security in the light of newly recognised vulnerability against terrorist attacks
- Update to Equasis
- Progress with Qualship regime under US Port State Control system.
This book will be an invaluable reference tool for shipping lawyers around the world.