This new edition of Nursing Care: An Essential Guide for Nurses and Healthcare Workers in Primary and Secondary Care is a comprehensive introductory textbook to nursing care for pre-registration nursing students and nursing associate students in the UK, and is relevant to other allied health students. This ‘back to basics’ edition is a concise, clear text on the essentials of nursing care which:
- Comprehensively covers all aspects of essential care
- Puts care into context and relates it to current UK government policy and targets
- Shows how to apply theory in practice using diagrams and case studies
- Provides opportunities to reflect on the theory and think critically on key issues
- Explains clinical skills in the context of care
- Includes features such as recap questions, points for debate, a glossary, further reading lists and a companion website to allow students to reinforce and expand their knowledge
Fully updated to address the latest Nursing and Midwifery Council and government policy, this new edition of Nursing Care: An Essential Guide for Nurses and Healthcare Workers in Primary and Secondary Care is designed to help the student develop a proactive approach to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the care that they give. The invaluable advice can be applied to all branches of nursing and to all environments where patients are nursed, whether in hospital, at home or care homes.
This book is essential reading for nursing students, qualified nurses and all health and social care workers.