Airborne Express, Hershey's, Motorola, Pillsbury—how do the executives of international corporations formulate effective strategies for corporate success?
Filled with helpful insights into the state of the art in strategic management, this book provides a framework for the formulation, implementation, and control of strategies for all types of domestic and global organizations. You'll also find 21 suggested corporate cases for analysis (complete with reference sources), including Blockbuster Video, PepsiCo, Harley-Davidson, Nike, Home Depot, and Microsoft.
This up-to-date volume gives you a comprehensive overview of strategic management in an easy-to-read format. It addresses important current issues, such as TQM (Total Quality Management), reengineering, benchmarking, and the formulation of strategic management in international markets. Strategic Management: Formulation, Implementation, and Control in a Dynamic Environment is a part of The Haworth Press, Inc. promotion book series edited by Richard Alan Nelson, Ph.D., APR.
Here is a small sample of what Strategic Management: Formulation, Implementation, and Control in a Dynamic Environment will teach you about:
- the definition, meaning, and history of strategic management
- the difference between business policy and business strategy
- corporate structure, governance, and culture
- mission statements
- how to assess the corporate/business environment—internal, external, and macro
- how to formulate an effective business strategy
- strategic alternatives—specialization, diversification, alliances, joint ventures, acquisitions, and more
- dealing with foreign governments and competing on a global scale
- the role of the general manager and the board of directors
- the control process and ways to measure the financial soundness of strategic decisions
- management techniques for not-for-profit companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
part |2 pages
Section I: Strategic Management Framework