Safety in Petroleum Industries covers pertinent safety aspects and precautions to be taken for design, operation, maintenance, inspection and project constructions for petroleum industries, with an emphasis on petroleum refineries. Relevant practical knowledge and experience contributing to safe and sustained operation of the industry has been compiled with all necessary references. Identified areas where theoretical inputs are required have also been incorporated. Learning objectives for the petroleum industries have been identified and discussed in an organized manner based on author’s more than thirty-five years of experience in petroleum and chemical industries.
Aimed at practicing engineers in upstream and downstream petroleum industries, this book:
- Covers safety tips for operation of petroleum industries
- Documents design codes, tools and practices including safe operating practices of different equipment and safety procedures in a single source
- Includes detailed safety procedures like HAZOP, Safety Audit, management safety review, and process safety management
- Contains dedicated chapters on Fire Fighting, and Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics
- Discusses first-hand experienced examples and burning issues in the petroleum industry
Acknowledgments. Preface. Author. Preliminaries. PSM (Process Safety Management). Organization Safety Procedures. Project Safety. Safety Performance Indicators. Safety Reporting. IFC Guidelines on EHS Present Perspective. Safety Tips on Operations. Incident History and Case Studies. References for Consequence Modeling. Index.