Musculoskeletal injections for joint or tendon problems are performed commonly and their use, which can result in a marked improvement in acute symptoms as well as delay or postpone surgery, is on the rise.
- Provides concise, current and portable information
- Covers the latest treatment options, supported by scientific evidence and guidelines
- Discusses alternative injections, non-injection measures and novel treatment modalities
- Text supported by illustrations and video of injection procedures and physiotherapy
- Ideal for both the non-specialist seeking an introduction to the subject and the more experienced practitioner
This accessible guide helps doctors from various disciplines including orthopaedics, sports medicine, rheumatology, radiology and primary care as well as allied health care professionals understand the indications and local anatomy to safely perform injections with complication avoidance. In addition, the book provides useful information regarding other alternatives including physiotherapy and novel modalities. The content is supported by current evidence, guidelines and companion videos.